Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Corduroy & Finch

I brought home a chocolate mousse from Corduroy & Finch today. Whoa. The flavor almost knocked me out.

I'm a big fan of desserts and rarely like to share, but the dark chocolate taste of this one was so intense I could only eat a third of the single-sized serving. Not to worry, the rest of the mousse isn't going to waste... I popped the rest into the fridge and will probably consume it over the course of the week.

The mousse isn't sickly-sweet the way many rich chocolate mousses (mousses??) can be. Normally I hit my sugar limit before the chocolate does me in. Try it sometime. But keep the paramedics close by in case you pass out from chocolate shock.

Corduroy & Finch also sells wine jelly, sun-dried strawberries, fruit syrup for mixed drinks, and a lot of other good stuff.

Getting there

They're at 779 Bukit Timah Road, S269758. Just around the corner from the Bukit Timah post office (which isn't on Bukit Timah, it's on Sixth Avenue - but that's another story).

You can call them at 6762 0131 or 6463 8038, if you're planning dinner in the cafe and want reservations.

post this to del.icio.us

5 Comments:

At June 26, 2005 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are settling down to Singaporean life na :). Next time you are in Bukit Timah, try the apple strudel at Ritz and there is a bakery there that sells really good ciabatta --- and for the life of me, I forgot the name :P. I miss Sixth Avenue. It is a great place to get some really good stuff to feed the body and the soul :).

 
At June 26, 2005 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooops, just realized that i did the post as Anonymous. Duh. Must be the fact that I was out partying til 4AM yesterday :P.

 
At July 01, 2005 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we were just planning to have dinner there this weekend...i drove past several times, it looks like an awesome place. Reminds me of those diners in Boston where i used to stay :)

 
At September 13, 2005 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bloody cheats

 
At September 13, 2005 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in all my years of buying and drinking wine, i've never experienced such a con job.. corduroy n finch? over my dead body.. bloody cheats

 

Post a Comment

<< Home