Sunday, May 14, 2006

Wakeboarding

Over the past two three-day weekends, Hui Wen introduced me to my new favorite sport... wakeboarding!

I've gone for two lessons now and I'm hooked. I've been learning how to edge, having fun with my status as the group newbie while watching Hui Wen and Terence practice their jumps. The water at Ponggol Marina Country Club has been just perfect. And those surfing lessons at the Gold Coast sure came in handy when it came to keeping my balance.

My first ride was under the watchful eye of William from Pro Air Watersports. Last Saturday's ride was behind the boat of national rider Suter Tan of Ten Eighty Wakeboard Academy... he is very good and has a great knack for coaching.

My upper back and shoulders were a little stiff the day after that first ride, but a Swedish massage at the spa was the perfect cure for sore muscles.

Looks like tennis lessons will have to take a back seat for a while!

post this to del.icio.us

1 Comments:

At May 20, 2006 6:40 AM, Blogger mhy said...

hi ching!

i'm attempting to be a true-blue blogger so i'm checking out your blog :). i remembered from your previous pisay92 post that you trekked nepal with romi garduce? it was really heartwarming seeing them conquer everest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home