Sunday, November 25, 2007

Life: A Doublebill

Last night I went to see Life: A Doublebill at the Drama Centre Black Box. Both plays, Implosion and Just Late, were good - funny scripts and good delivery. This was the first play I've seen in Singapore that didn't have a Q&A session at the end!

I'm looking forward to seeing more plays by the same creative teams: Lionel Chok (director) and Suzanne Choo (writer) from Implosion, and Christina Sergeant (director) and Dora Tan (writer) from Just Late. I enjoyed watching Shem Teo's portrayal of a Tourette's sufferer and Jasmine Yong's filling in as Anita. She was so funny - and to think she stepped into the role at the last minute because the original actress was ill. And Dick did well too, of course, as the doctor with a slight obsessive-compulsive bent himself.

It's always great meeting more people who like going to the theater. Anna and I were there with Ash, who was there with her friends because of Dick, who was acting in Implosion. It was complicated trying to explain to Ash's friends how I'd met her!

Anna, Ash, and I have common friends who all play in the same band. When we say that, people always ask, "So, do you play any instruments?" It's funny. As if hanging out with someone who's musically inclined means some of their talent rubs off on on us. :)

Ash and friends are going to catch Lord of the Flies in December, hope I can free up enough time to join them.

Labels:


post this to del.icio.us

6 Comments:

At January 27, 2008 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! was there there too. I found em pretty witty myself, glad someone shared the same feeling. =)

 
At January 31, 2008 2:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to send you an email about Expatriates living in singapore. If you can add it to your list of links, it would be great:
http://www.linkexpats.com

 
At March 13, 2008 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting - it's not so much information about theater life in singapore:) - cool -tnx

 
At October 17, 2008 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! blogwalking from bali :)

 
At June 16, 2009 5:34 AM, Anonymous waitress said...

I would love to visit singaore. Maybe one day I will be able.

 
At July 31, 2009 8:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi

let me know, if you like to to have a contributor account for our new blog

http://www.entersingapore.info/expat-lifestyle/blog/

You can post and link to your site/blog.

regards
Jacqueline Reischel
jr@enterasia-info.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home