Friday, February 23, 2007

Café Mary Grace at Serendra

Last weekend I had a sinfully rich hot chocolate, with just a hint of vanilla, at Café Mary Grace at Serendra. We'd flown to Manila for the Chinese New Year holidays (when everything in Singapore is closed!) and spent Sunday night catching up with Carl, Kathy, Diane, Dex, Issa, and the kids.

The eponymously named Mary Grace Hot Chocolate is one of several varieties on the menu. It's so rich I practically had to eat it with a spoon... but it's smooth, and not at all cloying or bitter.

Besides the hot chocolates, we tried the pastas, the iced teas (one pitcher of Hibiscus iced tea, and another of Apple and Cinnamon), and the dessert squares. Ironically, nobody ordered any of the famous ensaymadas.

Mary Grace's daughter Chiara introduced her to us - she was very nice and so motherly, we felt more like houseguests than customers.

Dozens of letters to Mary Grace peeked up at us through the glass tabletops. We read a few, and then Diane and I slipped in a couple postcards of our own. I wonder how long before someone discovers them?

A dozen meters away from Café Mary Grace, Xocolat sells hot chocolate from a small stall while waiting for their main store to open up. And with Cacao right at the entrance, it looks like Serendra is shaping up to be a chocolate lover's paradise.

Information and Contact Details:
  • Café Mary Grace is at Serendra, Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
  • Phone: +63 (2) 856-0308
What others are blogging about Mary Grace and Serendra:Related posts? Compare this to Singapore hot chocolate, where I've had to make do with Starbucks and Spinelli...

Labels: ,


post this to del.icio.us

5 Comments:

At February 25, 2007 8:28 AM, Blogger Xtn said...

You're in Manila pala. Was it the same time that Kathy's John was there? I know that he was supposed to go back to Manila, just not sure when.

I should try Mary Grace when I get there. I am sure I will enjoy it a lot more than the much-hyped and extremely overrated "Cupcakes by Sonja" which cost quite a bit and which I really didn't like (you might as well just swallow a cup full of white sugar). And this is coming from a sweet-tooth who likes almost any food.

 
At February 26, 2007 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you tried Xocolat?
me and my bestfriend love the Taza de Xocolat... mmmm. I haven't tried Mary Grace so I can't compare, but i'll try it next time i'm in Manila.
- Jill

 
At February 26, 2007 10:24 PM, Blogger C said...

Hey Christian! We were in Manila for Chinese New Year. I got back Tuesday last week, John's still over there (broken arm and all).

I left the same day Kathy's John arrived, so we didn't see each other... but I met him briefly at Cafe Havana last Christmas :)

You've got to try the hot chocolate at Mary Grace - it was good.

 
At February 26, 2007 10:26 PM, Blogger C said...

Hi Jill! Our friends were waiting for us at Xocolat before we walked over to dinner... we were so envious of their hot chocolates, we had to order our own at Mary Grace :)

 
At October 14, 2008 4:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't tried Mary Grace Hot Chocolate but Xocolat delivers a good chocolate fix.

It's a good thing you didn't find your way into Cacao. You would have been in for a treat...if you like lard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home