Thank you, Africa
We've just returned from a fabulous, amazing two weeks in South Africa. We spent about 10 days out in the African bush - and it wasn't nearly enough.
More stories to come... but in the meantime, our deepest thanks to:
- Kathy, for inspiring us to go
- My parents, for raising me with a spirit of adventure and a friendly familiarity with elephants
- Mathew for being a fantastic host and introducing our taste buds to South Africa
- Tita Birgitta and Tito Carl for graciously welcoming us into their home, and for patiently staying up to hear our excited stories about Kruger
- James, Corlia, Philemon and Johannes for an unforgettable introduction to Kruger's Wolhuter Wilderness Trail
- Our very good-humoured trail companions - it was a pleasure evading rhinos with you
- Wayne and Connie at Elephant Plains for finding us 4 of the Big Five on our first game drive
- All the staff of the Kruger National Park
And most of all, to the two hippos of Gardenia Hide... for making Africa personal, and memorable.
post this to del.icio.us